I know what you’re thinking, what on earth is a triple threat winning recipe? Well, it’s simple:
- It’s ALWAYS a crowd please and the first dessert that’s finished (most of the time you’re really mad about this because the longer a Peppermint Crisp sits in the fridge the better it gets.)
- It’s extremely simple and quick to make for those days when you have to scrap together a last minute dessert.
- It’s downright delicious and is sure to become a go-to recipe that you can make anywhere in the world with a few modifications. (Plus, it works for all occasions and during every season).
Is your mouth watering yet? Mine definitely is! Don’t take my word for how good it is though, try it for yourself following the recipe below:
- 1 can caramel condensed milk (La Lechera Dolce De Leche for those in the US)
- 1 package of either coconut cookies or graham crackers (Tennis Buscuits in SA)
- 1 large tub of Cool Whip (or heavy cream if you want to put in extra effort)
- 1/2 bag of mint chocolates (like Dove Mint & Dark or Andes Mints)
- Using a grater or food processor, grate the chocolate until it’s in small pieces and set aside (be careful not to make it too fine that it turns into chocolate dust. You want some texture.)
- In a mixing bowl, add Cool Whip, can of caramel condensed milk, & about 1/2 of the grated chocolate. Mix with hand mixer until smooth and well combined.
- In the bottom of a 9×13 dish layer the cookies. (If I’m really lazy, going to a braai or event I’ll use a foil pan that I can throw away for easy clean up.)
- Add 1/2 of the mixture from step 2 and spread over cookies.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of your leftover grated chocolate over the filling.
- Repeat steps 3 – 6.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you don’t believe me when I say it’s one of the best South African desserts around I dare you to try it for yourself. Make it this weekend and have it be the most talked about dessert by all your friends and family!